- Mike Farris' 'Salvation in Lights' inspires - by Peter Cooper
- Mike Farris: a uniquely redemptive story - by T. Ballard Lesemann
- Billboard review of "Salvation in Lights" - by Deborah Evans Price
- Nashville City Paper's review of "Salvation in Lights" - By Rob Wynn
- Nick Cristiano's Top 10 Country/Roots Albums of 2007
- firmly planted (blog) review of "Salvation in Lights"
- Popular 1 Magazine (Spain) review of "Salvation in Lights" - by Marcos De Lahueria
- Billings Gazette review of "Salvation in Lights" - by Chris Jorgenson
- Barnes & Noble review of "Salvation in Lights" - by Mark Schwartz
- Christianity Today review of "Salvation in Lights" - by Russ Breimeier
- cmcentral.com review of "Salvation in Lights" - by Kevan Breitinger
- Al Menconi Ministries review of "Salvation in Lights" - by Randy Brandt
- Infuze Magazine review by Brian Palmer
- Aspiring Retail review - June 2007 - by Lizza Conner Bowen
- the Trades review of "Salvation in Lights" - by R.J. Carter
- YourMusicZone review of "Salvation in Lights"
- passalong.com - "One To Watch" - June 2007
- CMSpin review of "Salvation in Lights"
- PopMatters review of "Salvation in Lights"
- Introducing...Mike Farris - interview by Andy Argyrakis, Christianity Today
- Concert review: Mike Farris at the Myrtle Beach Train Depot - By Chris Raposa, For Weekly Surge
- Mike Farris: Sharing His Salvation - by Dariel Bendin
- "The Stunning Mike Farris" live at Tin Pan South
- Mike Farris Continues To Create A Buzz - Rave reviews from the AMAs
- No Depression Review of AMA Performance
- Review of the Nashville CD-release show - by Vincent Wynne
- 'Travelin' tent revival' wheelin' into Patterson Park - By Erin Edgemon, The Murfreesboro Post
- The Gospel According to Mike Farris
- Sounding Off: Deborah Evans Price on Mike Farris
- "The Kitchen Sink" on the Gospel Music Channel
- Farris returns to city where his life turned around (the first time)
Praise For "Salvation In Lights"
"Mike Farris is a soul man...way cool! When I saw him on TV the first time, even though I didn't know who he was, I thought he was a star. When I heard his record, I knew he was."
- Marty Stuart
"Mike Farris has enough heart, soul, and power to light up a city. He mixes up the elements and turns them into something new, beautiful, and uniquely his own."
- Buddy Miller, Emmylou Harris Band
"It's impossible to listen to this album and not be moved. No matter what your religious beliefs, there's something so soulful and primal about Mike Farris' delivery that it's hard not to be shaken to the core."
"Farris' voice has moved unexpectedly higher - and stronger - and melds seamlessly with his female backup singers."
- No Depression
"Farris surrounds himself with a heavenly soundtrack that slides effortlessly between Stax soul, New Orleans gospel and shuffling Southern blues, all of it punctuated with Farris' smoldering vocals and clear message of redemption."
"...he even nails a version of Cooke's "A Change is Gonna Come" that stands as one of the most driven takes on the song since the original...Horns augment about half the tracks, and the album kicks into heavenly overdrive with pointed arrangements by saxist Jim Hoke, who knows when to turn up the heat and when to lay low. But it's Farris' songs and especially his singing, that will catch the ear of even the most committed atheist."
- Blues Revue
"Like the Seeger Sessions Springsteen, Farris bends standards his way - transforming 'Precious Lord, Take My Hand' into grooving, horn-filled R&B; taking 'Can't No Grave Hold My Body Down' to the swamp; and adding his own words to 'I'll Take You There.' He alternates these with originals like "Devil Don't Sleep" and "I'm Gonna Get There" that are as strong and impassioned as his vocals - at times he recalls the late blue-eyed-soul great Eddie Hinton. The result is a set that does indeed take you there - stirring both body and spirit and reaffirming the transcendent power of gospel."
- The Philadelphia Inquirer
Mike Farris, Salvation in Lights (INO/Columbia). The rocker turns to gospel and, using standards and originals, tells a rousing tale of redemption that mirrors his own back-from-the-depths story.
- Nick Cristiano, Philadelphia Inquirer
"By late last year, seems like Mike Farris' name was coming up all the time — with casual fans, the guy who used to play drums in the Marshall Tucker Band, in glowing words from Marty Stuart and Buddy Miller ("Mike Farris has enough heart, soul and power to light up a city," was Miller's official statement on the matter, while Stuart called Farris "a star").
It's inspiring to hear so many people with glowing things to say about something, especially when that thing is too gritty and hard to define for flavor-of-the-month status. But it's more inspiring to hear Farris sing. He's one of the most dynamic, convincing talents to emerge from Nashville in years, and his Salvation in Lights album sounds like the gospel truth."
- Peter Cooper, Staff Writer, The Tennessean
"Farris' own romping composition "Streets of Galilee" sounds like something folks have been singing on Sunday for decades - it's that good."
- The San Francisco Chronicle
"Mike Farris sings blue-eyed soul to soothe the spirit."
- Associated Press
"I was simply, blown-away. I can't tell you how many people came up to me and said the same thing. It's simple and the truth!"
- Bryan Beck, KGSR
"He blew everyone away. Definitely his voice is a gift from God."
- Stacy Owen, WFPK
Praise For Mike Farris' Live show
"I caught Mike Farris' show at the Mercy Lounge in Nashville recently and was blown away by his soulful vocals. He reminded me of a young Steve Marriott as much for his vocals, as his size and stage presence. Such energy must not go unrewarded."
- Ian MacLagan
Praise For Mike Farris' AMA Convention Showcase, November 2007
"Mike's set was truly dynamic and one of the most thrilling and audacious performances I've seen in a long time. His show will be remembered as one of the great highlights of the convention."
- Tim Kolleth, Alligator Records
"Mike Farris was for me the absolute highlight of the entire AMA Conference. He blew me away with his intense performance of "Green Green Grass of Home" at the Porter Wagoner tribute, but his performance with a 10-piece band at the Cannery was tremendous. The joy emanating from the stage was overwhelming, and literally brought me to tears! Mike has found his calling – the most amazing new gospel/soul voice I've heard in a long time, he’s a superstar waiting to be discovered by an audience longing to hear him."
- Wildman Steve, WQNR, Auburn, AL
"Upon first hearing the new Mike Farris record I was knocked out and looked forward with eager anticipation to his AMA showcase. He did not disappoint, what a show, what a voice! Great stuff that deserves your attention."
- Brad Paul, Producer & Host, WGBH, Boston, MA
"Sometimes you have to go through hell to reach heaven, & watching Mike Farris perform songs off "Salvation In Lights" with a full band, I’d have to think someone earned his wings. Fantastic Show bordering on a religious experience."
Larry Timko, WIKX, Charlotte Harbor/Fort Meyers, FL
"His showcase was amazing, he was the surprise of the conference, it was phenomenal."
- Jeff Powell, WGWG, Charlotte, NC
Mike had the room mesmerized with his soaring vocals and stage presence. If Mike brings this ensemble on the road to a town near you, you had better go because you WILL NOT be disappointed, I guarantee it!"
- Big Kev Ploghoft, WXLV, Schnecksville, PA